Wouldn’t it be nice if sales and marketing teams worked together like a well-oiled, revenue generating machine? Really, this has always been the goal of each, comprising the lifeblood of any business — but it’s rarely as simple as it seems.
The alignment challenge for sales and marketing teams changed immensely with the onset of the internet and has only grown in importance since. As the customer journey has become more complex, the need for effective alignment has increased. If you had any doubt whether making a concerted effort to align your sales and marketing objectives is worth it, here are 5 interesting stats the scream it loud and clear!
1) 78% of B2B buyers start their buying process with search. (source)
2) By 2020, 85% of customer interaction with a company will happen without interacting with a human. (source)
3) Companies that effectively nurture leads generate 50% more sales-ready leads at 33% lower cost. (source)
4) Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (source)
5) Companies that align sales and marketing close 67% more sales & return 260% more value from their marketing. (source)
5 Stats that Scream Sales & Marketing Alignment
If you had any doubt whether aligning your sales and marketing objectives is worth it, here are 5 interesting stats the scream it loud and clear!