Think you have nothing to learn from Chuck Norris? If you spend your days cold calling, think again. Here are seven reasons why:
1. When Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, he had three missed calls from Chuck Norris.
Fact: Research shows that to reach someone on the phone, it takes between three and five dials.
2. Chuck Norris can leave a message before the beep.
Fact: To get a call back, keep your voicemail clear and be genuine! Lose the phone voice!
3. Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.
Fact: Continuous prospecting keeps your pipeline flowing, so that when one door closes, it doesn’t kill your quarter.
4. Chuck Norris doesn’t wear a watch. HE decides what time it is.
Fact: Reaching your prospect at the right time is important. The best time of day for a phone conversation is between 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. and between 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
5. Chuck Norris is so persuasive, he convinced a mirror that he wasn’t there.
Fact: Be honest and transparent in your messaging, and your selling will be persuasive on its own.
6. If you have a chip on your shoulder, Chuck Norris will offer you salsa.
Fact: You never know what kind of mood the person on the other end of the line is going to be in. Navigating through someone’s bad day can be tricky. The key is to be as helpful as you can.