Slack has been working on Salesforce integrations for a while. This past spring, the company shared how they manually built bots and apps to connect the platforms. There are even Salesforce developer communities dedicated to the integration.
According to the blog post, several new integrations will be delivered over the next month. If you’re a sales leader, here’s a summary of what you need to know.
4 sales leader highlights of the Salesforce-Slack integration
1. Salesforce links in Slack will automatically expand with details from Salesforce.
2. Chatter and Slack will offer seamless communication with two-way slash commands.
- /chatter in Slack sends updates to Chatter
- /slack in Chatter posts to Slack.
3. Salesforce records can be assigned to Slack channels. The channel’s unread count will display in the record.
4. Search for Salesforce data from Slack.
- /salesforce plus a search term in Slack will display the top three results, which are only visible to you. Click to see more details or review the results in the CRM.