In today’s day and age, the rate of growth for sales accelerates at a striking pace. According to research from InsideSales.com, sales leaders project a 30.5% year-over-year sales growth from 2016, up from the 23% growth reported in 2015.
What’s more, average deal sizes climbed 5.5% in 2015 and 17.1% of companies are using predictive technologies to successfully drive up deal size.
So what’s going to really set you apart in such a competitive market? Your modern sales team, of course.
5 Key Modern Sales Team Components
Let’s make sure you have these 5 elements already in place. If not, take some time to work through them, as they provide the basis for your modern sales team:
- Recognize the sales industry has changed: Buyers have changed, which means that sellers and sales leaders need to change, too.
- Define meaningful metrics: The key performance indicators (KPI) for your organization should be a mix of leading metrics (controllable behaviors) and lagging metrics (outcomes of behaviors).
- Implement company-wide visibility: Sales reps and leaders benefit when KPIs are tracked on personal scorecards and team leaderboards.
- Coach around KPIs: The one-on-one meeting is the time to pause and review or adjust behaviors based on how reps are performing against their KPIs.
- Evaluate your sales stack: Ensure the sales technology you purchased is enabling your sales process, not distracting away from it.
Click here to get even more details on each of these steps.
What Else Makes a Modern Sales Team? (According to Experts)
Now that you’ve got the basics in place, give these tips from top sales experts a read, and choose 3 to really focus on. Once you have those implemented, consider moving on to the additional advice provided.
These tips are only a few from a collection of expert wisdom. Grab your copy of the full list here: